Free One-on-One Healthcare Enrollment Assistance Available Now!
ENROLL IN THE MARKETPLACE DUE TO SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES IS AVAILABLE YEAR ROUND
(see below for more information)
For more information or to make an appointment:
call NJCA at 973-273-0315 / 973-429-7303 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
US citizens and legal residents can apply.
Why you should enroll…
Here are the facts:
1. You could get help paying for your insurance. 4 out of 5 people who got covered in New Jersey qualified for financial help
2. Every plan covers the essentials including doctor visits, preventative care and prescriptions. There are different types of plans available to fit your needs and your budget.
3. If you applied last year and didn’t qualify for financial help, try again this year – you may qualify.
4. If you don’t have insurance in 2020, you might have to pay a fine of $695 or 2.5% of your household income, whichever is more.
New Jersey Citizen Action offers free application assistance
A Certified Application Counselor can answer your questions and guide you through the application process.
Call with questions or to make an appointment: 973-273-0315 / 973-429-7303 or email us email@example.com
Do you qualify for Medicaid?
You may be eligible if you:
- Are between the ages of 19 – 64 years old
- Are a single person with an income of less than $17,616.00
- Have a family of four (4) with an income less than $36,156.00
You can enroll now if you have a “Qualifying Life Event”
There are several situations that could allow you to get coverage during the “Special Enrollment Period” such as a “Qualifying Life Event.” These include:
- Getting married
- Having a baby or adopting a child
- Moving to a different area
- Experiencing a Healthcare.gov error
- Issues with Medicaid qualification and/or other complicated issues
- A loss of coverage due to divorce, death in family
- 26 year old losing parents coverage.
- Changes to your income
- Changes in your immigration status
- Leaving incarceration
- Gaining status as member of an Indian tribe.
Citizen Action offers free virtual application assistance in English and Spanish. One of our Certified Application Counselors can work with you to answer your questions and guide you through the application process.
Consumers with general questions on healthcare issues can call at 973-273-0315 / 973-429-7303 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
DOCUMENTS NEEDED (for all household members):
• Social Security Numbers (or document number for legal immigrants)
• Birth Dates
• Employer and income information (for example, pay stubs or W-2 forms)
• Policy numbers for any health insurance plans for your household
OPEN ENROLLMENT BEGINS NOVEMBER 1, 2020: If you do not secure insurance, you may have to pay a state penalty. THERE ARE SOME CIRCUMSTANCES WHICH MAY QUALIFY YOU FOR SPECIAL ENROLLMENT
NJ’s MEDICAID EXPANSION / NJ FAMILYCARE — WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
NOTE: THERE IS NO DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR MEDICAID OR NJ FAMILYCARE
Beginning October 1, 2013, new federal rules changed Medicaid eligibility. NJFamilyCare now includes: children, pregnant women, parents/caretaker relatives, single adults and childless couples. Financial eligibility is determined by the household’s latest federal tax return which, when filed, will be electronically verified.
• Children 18 and under are still eligible with higher incomes up to 350% FPL ($93,012 for a family of four). Parents still need to renew the coverage each year.
• Parents/Caretaker Relatives with income up to 133% FPL ($36,156 for a family of four) must have tax dependent children in their household in order to be eligible under this category. This is a new Medicaid Expansion eligibility group. Dependent children in the household must be insured also.
• Adults without dependent children with ages 19-64 and incomes up to 133% FPL ($17,616 single/ $23,796 couple) are considered to be another new Medicaid Eligibility Expansion Group.
• Pregnant Women up to 200% FPL. There are no changes to pregnant women.
• Aged, Blind or Disabled programs or Long Term Care, there are no changes in eligibility.
If you don’t qualify for a special enrollment period
If you don’t appear to qualify for a special enrollment period, or if you apply and the Marketplace says you don’t qualify, you have the following options:
• You can appeal a decision to deny you a special enrollment period.
• You can apply for Medicaid and NJ FamilyCare coverage if you think you may qualify. Medicaid and FamilyCare provide health coverage for some people and families with lower incomes or disabilities. There’s no limited enrollment period for Medicaid or FamilyCare. You can apply any time. If you qualify you can enroll immediately.
Important: If you don’t have minimum essential coverage, you must either pay a fee or have an exemption from paying the fee.
Special thanks to our Sponsors and Partners: New Jersey Citizen Action Education Fund would not be able to provide these free services to individuals and families without the help of our sponsors and partners: